Sunday, June 27, 2010

Starting week 5 of C25k

Hey all! Had a very fun weekend so far! Went out with the girls Friday night to a great restaurant/bar i've never been to before, then off to another pub for some music and dancing. I definitely went over my calories that day, had a few drinks, but i'm not going to beat myself up about it. I had a nice time, and i probably won't do it again for a while, so no biggy. I like that i can treat myself/slip up once in a while and it doesn't send me into a panicky depressed tailspin. I just do better the next day! :-)

My working out is coming along. For my exercising yesterday i went for a walk along the ocean with a friend. We walked for about an hour and a half, soaked up some sun, but i was wearing the totally wrong shoes and parts of my foot are rubbed raw. I'm pretty sure i will have big blisters on each of my big toes. Note to self...wear appropriate footwear!!!

I think i need to step up my upper body workouts cuz i'm really not noticing any difference in my arms, they are still pretty big and i really want to firm them up. I'm going to start week 5 of my C25k today, and i'm kind of excited and freaked out. I just checked out the amount of time i will be running this week and it's quite a jump up...by the third session this week i'm supposed to be able to run for 20 minutes!! Ok, some people may not think that this is too big of a deal, but i am someone who has never run for that long in my life! Even in school when we had to do manadatory runs, i'd walk most of it. Running was something healthy thin people did, not overweight out of shape smokers! Well, i don't smoke anymore, it'll be 4 years this July :-) I may not be "thin" but i'm pretty healthy and i'm getting stronger every day! I'm going to do what i did last week, get on my treadmill and tell myself to just try it. And if i don't feel ready for it, then the worst that will happen is i repeat week 4. I'm still exercising and burning calories! No pressure!

Have a great day and keep up the incredible work you are doing! Remember, one day at a time!

S :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment