Monday, June 7, 2010

Lost 3 lbs!

Yeah!! I've lost 3 lbs! What a great way to get back into the swing of things! Tracking my food and exercise really helps...not to mention doing Chris's challenge of 1 hour of exercise every day. I worked some overtime today, and didn't get home til late. After i had some dinner and chatted with a friend, it was just after 8:00, and i just wanted to crawl onto my couch with my book. But I knew i had to get my 1 hour in today...so i did an upper body workout and jumped on my treadmill for a walk.

I also decided to start tracking my weight once a week, instead of once every two weeks, keeps me a little more accountable.

So i have a short term goal...i am going on vacation July 31, to visit some friends out east, most of whom i haven't seen in over 5 years. So my goal is to lose another 12 lbs by the time i leave. That would put me at 180 lbs...i would be really happy with that :-) I think the amount is realistic, it would have me losing about 1 1/2 lbs per week, which is a healthy reasonable amount. Baby steps!

Night all! Keep on keeping on!!

S :-)

2 comments:

  1. Well done on your 3lbs loss this week Sandy, that's brilliant!
    I think weighing weekly is a good idea, I don't think I could do fortnightly as I really need to know how I'm doing at least on a weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations on the loss. Three pounds is awesome!!! Just more proof that a food journal is a GREAT idea, I am so glad that I am finally keeping track of my food again. I do weekly weigh-ins too, I like to see how I am doing and adjust accordingly.

    Cara :)

    ReplyDelete