Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's all about making choices

I was really tired today. It was a long day at work, and i just didn't have alot of energy, we were all feeling rather blah today. I got home, sat in front of my computer and pretty much had made up my mind that i wasn't going to workout today. I thought "one day won't kill me".

And then i read some of your blogs, and the wonderful comments left on my last post. And guess what? That totally did the trick! I got up, and jumped on my treadmill, and did my 1 hour. I did my C25k, lower body workout, and finished it up with walking.

Every day, i have choices to make. I choose what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, and i choose to exercise, or not exercise, every day. It's not easy, that goes without saying. It's something that i will have to do the rest of my life. I just hope that before too long it becomes habit, that it becomes easier :-)

So, my tips for the day:
  • Definitely keep track of the food you eat!
  • Make short term goals for yourself.
  • Find a support group, friends, people who know what you are going through to help you through the rough patches!
Right now my short term goals are to complete Chris's challenge of 1 hour of exercise every day for the month of June and to lose 12 more lbs so i can look fabulous in the summer dresses i bought on my shopping trip! Trust me, i keep thinking about how i want to look in those dresses and that spurs me on!

Night all!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on doing your workout, as tired as you were! You are so right about it being the choices we make each day that makes the difference. There are often days when I don't want to go to the gym, just want to curl up on the sofa and watch tv and have a nap, but thankfully it's a habit for me now and on the two occasions I have missed a workout just because of my laziness I've felt awful, so I don't do it anymore lol. Keep going and by the end of the month it will be a habit for you too and much easier to keep up, but in the meantime give yourself a big congrats for each day you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Whenever I choose not to work out I feel awful and it is just not worth it. I usually find that if I check out everyone's blogs that it gets me motivated too. If I had of known blogging would be so helpful and inspiring I would have done it forever ago. Doesn't it feel great to be on track? Glad you are doing so well, and thanks so much for your comments. It helps a lot to know someone else is hearing me, ya know?

    Have a great day,
    Cara :)

    ReplyDelete