Thursday, July 1, 2010

I DIDN'T BALLOON IN JUNE!!

YEAH!! I managed to do my 1 hour workouts 6 times a week for the whole month of June! I completed Chris's "I will not balloon in June" challenge and i feel fabulous!! I managed to lose 7 lbs!

I had been working out 6 days a week prior to June, but not always for 1 hour a day, sometimes it was only for a 1/2 hour. But this feels like the perfect amount of exercise my body needs and i'm going to keep it up. I'll continue Chris's unofficial challenge and call it "I will Fly in July!" (since i actually WILL be flying out east on July 31st...and i want to "fly" figuratively too!)

I am doing week 5 of C25k, and the second day of running i had to run for 8 minutes, walk for 5 and run for another 8. Again, i convinced myself that if it was too much for me that i would run the first 8 minutes and then only run for 5 minutes if it was too much. Well, wasn't i surprised when i ran the first 8 and realized it wasn't that hard!! I was shocked! I know the whole idea behind the C25k is to get people running gradually, but i guess i underestimated myself and honestly thought i couldn't do it at the pace they set. That i would have to make changes and that it would take me a lot longer to do it. I really surprised myself. And another thing...i felt PRIDE at what i accomplished! I haven't felt that in a long time! As i was doing a cooldown on my treadmill, i had a big grin on my face! I did this. On my own. I did this...and i feel so empowered!! Now someone please remind me of this feeling when i have to run the last set of the week...which is a run for 20 minutes!!

So, all is going well in my world. I still have my moments where i'm waiting for the bottom to fall out from under me, it's what i expect. But so far so good, and i hope if i do hit a hurdle, a crisis, or if i'm just feeling plain unmotivated, that you all would be so kind as to give me a shake! Remind me why i am doing this! And I promise i will do my best to return the favour!

Happy Canada Day everyone!
S :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment