Friday, July 16, 2010

Down a pant size!!

Woo hooooo! I'm down a pant size! Fan-freaking-tastic!! Can you tell i'm happy??

I went shopping on my lunch break, and was trying on some shorts. I have a really hard time fitting pants of any type cuz in order for the pants to fit around my hips, the waist is huge! And i mean it gapes out in the back so bad you could practically fit another waist in there! No way would a belt even help. Anyhoo, here i was trying on some shorts, worrying about how they were going to fit in the waist, when i realized i had tried on a pair of 14s! And they fit!! I grabbed another pair, just to be sure, and they fit too! That totally made my day! It's been quite a few years since i was able to fit into a 14. When i moved back home from Halifax in 2005, i was fitting into a size 12, the smallest i'd been my whole adult life. Well, not only am i going to get back into a size 12, my goal is to eventually fit into a size 8!! I want to, for the first time since i was a child, to be able to fit into a single digit size! I'm so ready for this! I don't care how long this takes me, it's going to happen!

I'm heading out shortly to do my first run outside, off of my treadmill. I'm a bit freaked about it, but i'm going to the park, gonna put on some of my favourite work out music, and i'm going to run. My goal is 25 minutes, as this is the final day of week 7 of C25k. I can't believe how far i've come! I started working out again back in mid-April, and i couldn't run for more than 90 seconds at a time! Here i am, 3 months later, and i can honestly say i'm a runner! Thank you Lisa for pointing this out to me! LOL!

A friend of mine, who has recently taken up running, told me about a "20 Minute Challenge" the Running Room is holding (I'm not sure if you have Running Room stores in the US). They do it every year and it's on this Wednesday, July 21. You sign up on-line, it's free, and you show up at one of their locations and you either walk or run for 20 minutes. It's quite a turn-out apparently. And after you do it you get a free hat! I know it's not like running a 5k or anything, but it will be my first time running with other people and i'm really excited about it!

Have a great day everyone!
Hugs!
S :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sandy - WOW!! I have goose bumps!! You're doing great!!! I love that you are already thinking you're a size 8. You're going to get there I believe it! You will have a blast with the walk. I did a 5k (walk - not a runner yet - however I did a little running) and after I was done, I was so excited and proud that I could do it. It was so amazing! You will have a blast! Thanks for following me. I look forward to going this this journey together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete