Friday, April 23, 2010

Yeah! No shin splints!

Well, I just finished week 2 of Couch to 5k, and for the first time I didn't have shin splints! I've been doing a lot of stretching the last few days, and it seems to have worked. Now I just have to focus on getting through each stretch of running. And it hasn't been too bad so far, though I have a feeling that within the next week or two I might be singing a different tune!

And as far as my inner-struggle for "all or nothing", I'm still fighting the urge to start tracking my food and to start doing some other exercises, but it was a little easier today than yesterday. Just focusing on my 30 minutes a day on my treadmill, nothing more. I think we're onto something here :-)

I am so inspired by the posts I've been reading. I'm still new to this, and I haven't had a lot of time to spend checking out different blogs, but I'm definitely going to when I have some down time. I feel like I'm a part of something here. I'm getting really great advice and tips from the posts and more importantly, I don't feel like I am going through this on my own. Like I said before, my family and friends's are very supportive of whatever I do, but it's nice to have people to talk to that understand what I'm going through. My family doesn't live here in Victoria, but they're only a couple of hours away, and my boyfriend (does that sound silly calling him my boyfriend at this age?), he lives completely across the country in Halifax. So when I can't get those much needed hugs from them, it's nice to have some support at my fingertips!

Nothing too exciting planned for the weekend...just hoping the weather is nice so I can head down to the water and do my walking outside! Nothing beats the smell of the ocean!

Keep up with the good work everyone! Remember, one day at a time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment