Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh my hips!

Note to self:

Months of not working out + Couch to 5k 3 times a week and walking every day for 30 minutes on the days inbetween = good start.

Add a 7k power walk into that, especially on a day when i had done my walking/jogging = not so smart!

My hips, back and ankles are so sore! What was I thinking? I need to start slow...work my way up! Now i'm paying for it. I was supposed to do my walk/jogging today but i just can't. But instead of beating myself up, i'm going to do my 30 minute walk on the treadmill while i'm watching Biggest Loser tonight, and do my walk/jog tomorrow. This is progress for me...accepting that there will be hurdles along the way, but making adjustments and allowing myself a bit of breathing room. I don't HAVE to work out on specific days, as long as I do the training 3 days a week, it doesn't matter when i do them.

AND...for some more progress...

I've been eating fairly healthy lately, still have my moments of weakness, but i'm trying to not focus so much on food right now and get my walking/jogging into a habit. But, today i really ate like crap...i indulged in my favourite thing, chips and bean dip...and i ate the whole dip! I am sitting here feeling pretty nauseous and at first i took my usual guilt trip and felt really bad. But then after reading some posts from the blogs i follow, it gave me a renewed sense of purpse, it made me remember that even if i slip up, it doesn't have to be the start of a downward spiral. I need to remember that although i made a poor choice of food for my meal:

- Its done, there's nothing I can do about it now
- Acknowledge that I did it, be accountable
- And move on...make a better choice the next meal

Step by step...i will get through this. And i know i've said this before but it's worth repeating...for the first time i don't feel alone on this weight loss journey. I find inspiration in this amazing group of people, who don't even know me, but are helping me just the same. I thank each and every one of you!

Almost time for Biggest Loser, gotta set my treadmill up.

Keep it up everyone!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment