Monday, May 3, 2010

Time to start tracking my food

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." - Vincent Lombardi

I'm back from a weekend away visiting with my family. Definitely didn't eat great, but i managed to get my minimum 30 minute walks in. Got back yesterday, and after sucking up to my cat for a few minutes for leaving him alone all weekend, the first thing i did was jump on my treadmill and do my walking/running. I'm repeating week 3 of Couch to 5k, and i'm okay with that. If it takes me a little longer to get there, so be it, as long as i get there :-)

So, i haven't been focusing on food so much, was more into getting my walking/running into a daily habit. And so far so good. But I now think it's time to start paying a little more attention to what i eat.

Question: Which free on-line food tracking web-site is a good one? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

So, I was looking at some weight loss tips from various web-sites, and found one that seems perfect for us bloggers:

B is for Buddies!

Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine compared solo dieters to teams of dieters. After 10 months, the latter were likelier to have maintained their loss (66% vs 24%). Find a buddy!

Well, i feel like i found a whole group of buddies! Reading your blogs inspire me, help me to stay on track, and re-focus if I jump the tracks for a short time. Whether you realaize it or not, you are a part of my support system and I thank you!

Cheers!
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment